Saturday 29 December 2012

Binxie's Blog!

Hello, I'm Binxie and this is my blog providing a written account of my adventures. You may have already gathered this by the title of this little blog but to be honest I'm unaware of what is socially acceptable to put as a introductory post on a vanity site.

My real name is Jason, I'm in my mid-twenties and for the past god-knows how long I've done what many others my age fall into the trap of doing. Failing to actually live. I've been working full-time since I left school and in my spare time much of it has been spent literally wasting my youth in front of a computer screen (obviously, I understand the irony that I've had to do just that to write this.)

Well 2012 has been such an abysmal year for me in terms of actually getting out there and enjoying the great outdoors that I've made a pact with myself. This next year will be much, much different or else I'll end up just doing myself in with a 'Call of Duty' marathon with no food, water or any toilet breaks. I've played so much Battlefield 3 that I have waking nightmares of someone spawn camping the foot of my bed. With the obscene amount of hours I've put into playing computer games I could have learned some real skills which sadly I' am really lacking. 

I've always had an interest in bushcraft, camping and nature in general and its been mostly down to not knowing anyone else who really enjoys these things that's held me back in the past, but lone-wolf is fine so long as I'm out of the house.

So why the blog? The blog is simply a motivation to get me out there and do things and to post my stories back on here so I can keep a diary whilst sharing with whoever else may be interested. I have kept blogs in the past but they have mostly been political in nature but to be honest, I've given up with politics. If I do end up going on a political rant then I apologise in advance. Other bits I might comment on are historical sites I end up in and general home-keeping or self-sufficiency ideas.

  I hope my articles can provide help to someone like me and if it convinces another soul to get active and make the most of their time then all the better. 

Any comments throughout the blog will be gratefully received so long as its constructive and doesn't abuse me personally for no particular reason. 

To the road ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment